If a storm threatens St. Augustine, students should monitor the local and national media, as well as watch for Flagler College announcements.
The college works closely with the St. Johns County Department of Emergency Management, and is constantly monitoring the latest information on approaching storms. If St. Augustine is threatened, the Flagler College hurricane plan will be activated and students will be kept informed of developments and new information.
The college will begin communicating through this Web site, as well as the following communication channels:
- Campus e-mail (for students, faculty and staff)
- LiveSafe safety app – receive emergency alerts and other security information. Download the LiveSafe app from iTunes or Google Play app stores, signup with your Flagler email and then search for Flagler College.
- Facebook and Twitter
- Main College Phone line – (904) 829-6481
- 88.5 FM (Flagler College Radio) – streams on iHeartRadio
Unless the city of St. Augustine is evacuated, the college’s residence halls will remain open and will be available should off-campus students need a place to stay. Faculty and staff may also use their offices as temporary accommodations. If power is lost in St. Augustine, a backup generator will supply electricity to Ponce Hall including dorm rooms, food service, the dining hall, security, and student services.
If an evacuation order is issued for St. Augustine:
- Designated shelters will be opened by St. Johns County Emergency Management officials.
- If possible, evacuate to the home of a friend or family member outside of the evacuation area. A shelter should be a refuge of last resort if there is no where else to go.
- If the city of St. Augustine is evacuated, the college will have check-out stations in the Rotunda of Ponce Hall and in the first floor lobbies of Lewis House and Cedar Hall. Students who are leaving St. Augustine must sign out before leaving campus. Students needing transportation should report to one of the check-out tables as soon as possible so ride-sharing groups can form or other arrangements can be made.
- While the city of St. Augustine is under evacuation, students, faculty and staff should not return to the college until told to do so. While away from campus, continue to check Flagler College communication channels for updates on when to return and when classes will resume.